-

Leafy Bones

Tuesday 4 October 2011

As I walk amongst you all

I have a confession.

It's about time and what it meant,
it's about memories and how they are spent,
it's the truth and the truth is
that I am clueless.

And for all these things
tumbling away,
I didn't secure my own mask first...

I don't vaguely remember if either or any of us
were saved,

or if I am here
or if I am there,

I opened the book
and fell defeat
a little oozing animal,
gasping
breathing
living

So sweetly delicate
cast upon me-
this disarray.

10 comments:

  1. I opened the book
    and fell defeat
    a little oozing animal,
    gasping
    breathing
    living

    what a vivid description...there are plenty days i feel a bit clueless myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this,

    "And for all these things
    tumbling away,
    I didn't secure my own mask first..."

    Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't secure my own mask first. Like this one.
    You have some good elements to this write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully descriptive. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that was wonderfully descriptive, really conveyed your piece greatly, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intriguing and intense-- and well-crafted! xxxj

    ReplyDelete
  7. some very nice lines here. love the image of "defeat/
    a little oozing animal,..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. clueless, self-doubt, fear - oh, to be human - I know these feelings as well. stellar write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel this way all the time Jen, I wear the mask, a suit of armor showing who I am supposed to be. But inside lurks just a little boy, always wondering "Why?" A most finite description of life I think.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fantastic description and so well done. You have really captured your poem inside your descriptions love this very much
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/04/memories/

    ReplyDelete